Dr. Saudin Jacob Mwakaje is a lecturer at the Department of Economic Law, University of Dar es Salaam. He joined at the School in 2002.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) Hons) (2000) and Master of Laws (LL.M) (2002) degrees from University of Dar es Salaam, Master of Laws (LL.M) in Intellectual Property, Commerce and Technology, (2003) from Franklin Pierce Law Centre, NH., USA. Dr.Saudini Jacob Mwakaje is also a Member of:-
- The Tanganyika Law Society
- Member of East Africa Law Society (EALS)
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
Dr.Saudini Jacob Mwakaje may be contacted through this address:
Dr.Saudini Jacob Mwakaje,
UDSM School of Law,
P.O. BOX 35093,
Dar es Salaam, The United Republic of Tanzania
Publications and Papers:-
Dr.Saudin Jacob Mwakaje has the following Publications and Papers:-
Books and Book Chapters
- Chris M. Peter and Saudin J. Mwakaje, “Investment in Tanzania: some Comments – some Issues. Friedrich Ebert Stiftung and Department of International Law UDSM, 2004.
- PETER, C. M., and MWAKAJE, S. J., 2020. “Public Participation and the Adoption of Investment Codes: Observation of the Mixed Practice from Tanzania,” in Eric De Brabandere, Tarcisio Gazzini, and Avidan Kent, 2020. Public Participation and Foreign Investment Law: From the Creation of Rights and Obligations to the Settlement of Disputes, London, Brill | Nijhoff.
- MWAKAJE, S. J., 2020. “Access to Educational Publications and the Copyright Law in Tanzania: Revisiting the Underlying Opposing Interests,” Journal of Education, Humanities and Sciences (JEHS), Vol. 9 No. 1.
- MWAKAJE, S. J., 2019. “Duality of Investment Regulatory Regimes in Tanzania - An Appraisal of the Legal and Practical Challenges,” Zanzibar Yearbook of Law (ZYBL), Vol. 9.
- MWAKAJE, S. J., 2018. “Fair Use under Copyright Law: Theoretical Basis and Enforcement Approaches in Selected East Africa States,” East African Law Review (EALR). Vol. 45 No. 2.
- Mwakaje, S.J. 2020. A Baseline Survey on the Prevalence and Preference of Counterfeits in Tanzania Market- A Case Study of Electrical and Electronic Goods, Consultancy Report. Client: Fair Competition Commission (FCC). The survey presents key findings on the important interventions which FCC may adopt to protect consumers from Counterfeit products.
- Research Management and Intellectual Property Right, Paper presented at the Workshop for Vice Chancellors of Universities in Tanzania. Organized by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) December 2009.
- Current Trends in Intellectual Property Teaching and Research in African Universities, Paper presented at the International Workshop Intellectual Property Teaching and Research, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Human Rights in Tanzania: Conflict between State and Individuals, paper presented in partial fulfillment of the Bachelor of Laws Degree, University of Dar es Salaam.
- Copyright Law in Tanzania: some of the Issues you Need to Know, The Tanzania Lawyer, Vol. 1, 2007 Number 2.
- “Intellectual Property Aspects in Indigenous Knowledge Systems”. Paper presented at the Workshop coordinated by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) (Not Published).