Page 1 of 5
Leadership: Deans Office
The School’s administration is under the office of the Dean. The Dean is overseeing the entire Schools activities. According to the University of Dar es Salaam Charter, 2007, the Dean is the head of academic and administration in the School. Specifically, Dean is responsible to;
- Engaging faculty, staff and students in discussions of all vital School issues and assuring a positive, high-quality working environment.
- Coordinate all departments, centres and units in the School.
- Convening strategic intellectual discussions about future academic directions of the School and its centres.
- To ensure the improved welfare of the School, its staff and students.
- Playing a key oversight role in all programs, reviews and processes that are important for continuous improvement of the School’s activities.